Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Golden Globe Goddesses!

 I love a good Award Ceremony and with Award Season in full swing-I am thrilled to seeing not who, but what goes down the Red Carpet. I love watching the machine at work and studying the looks that tooks months to prepare. From the hair to the make up, to the dress to the jewels, to the handbags to the shoes...I enjoy looking at seperate details, but am always surprised that few people (in my eyes)...seem to get it ALL right. I love when stylists take a risk with color or blur the lines with dresses that show skin with a surprise cut out...however, it is the more glamorous, put together total package that catches my eye. Like a perfect symphony-everything gets orchestrated right on key.
Here, I love Debra Messings total look. Her make up balanced out her hair that played beautifully with this brown (yes, I said brown) Monique Lhuillier gown!
 Love Emma Stone in this drapy, flowing feminine, yet risky,edgy Lanvin gown-wowza!
 Salma Hayek in Gucci...need we say more??
Even though I thought the make up took a little bit of a back seat compared to the rest of the elements this year-it was all so well put together, that it looked intentionally understated. Here is where it worked...Charlize Theron looked like a dream when she stepped out in this Dior gown. VISION!
All in all, I love the elegant look and casual vibe of the Golden Globes...I think it is a perfect dress rehearsal for the Oscars-can't wait!!

No comments: