Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A little make up and a whole lotta heart!


Back in October, I had the privilege of meeting a friend of a friend~Dane Klein.
 Dana is an amazing woman of many uber talents, photography being one of those special talents. Now, I have been blessed in this industry to work with some of the best photographers, but this gal had a vision and heart. Enter~Project SHINE!
Project SHINE is a project that captures the heart, soul, and beauty of breast cancer survivors. I was fortunate enough to be on both sides of the lens for this project. For me, it was very emotional-more than I expected. Each woman had their hair and make up (insert Leslie & Margaret) done, and then a private photo session. It had been a loooong time since I felt that beautiful and FREE. The super cool element to this project, is that I know each of these fabulous women very well, several are very good friends (2 are "cowgirls") and to watch them reemerge and regain their wings, made me misty.
I know how it made me feel, but to watch them "shine" was priceless! I was honored to be a part of this project all the way around and it certainly felt like a full circle moment to me!
Many images were taken that day, but this image captures a few moments at the very end of our shoot~we were grateful to take a little time out for ourselves. These women are gorgeous, but we all walked away feeling like a million bucks and that breast cancer was finally in our rear view mirror.
Hallelujah and SHINE ON!!
Special thanks to Dana Klein~ to see more of Project SHINE please go to
xo
 
 

No comments: