Monday, May 5, 2008

A Family Affair!


I know...no"Product of the Week" again this week. There have been so many more meaningful things going on this spring I figured I would share those moments with everyone. When I come across an amazing, must have product-I will certainly feature it faster than you can say Sephora!



However, since I have gotten such great feedback from people wanting a glimpse into our everyday lives...it means alot that people care, and it is my pleasure to share. So here's the latest...



This past weekend was a special one-my Dad's retirement (33 years) from the Air Force Reserves! I had no idea what an emotional weekend it was going to be. We had so many special family members in town, including my sweet Granddaddy who was still recovering from a surgery he had less than 2 weeks ago. Friends that knew my parents from before I was even born came, it was fun seeing them after all these years- introducing them to my own family.



My Dad and I have been pretty close through the years, and while no relationship is perfect-we have developed a sense of healing through mistakes we have both made. As I was sitting through the ceremony on Base yesterday, I was thinking what a milestone it was. 33 years...what would I think if someone made me retire from doing make up for 33 years? My Dad loved his job like I love my job (I know, most people can't wait to retire). I developed a new respect for my Dad, just as honorably as he served his country, he also graciously stepped down .It was a humbling, but beautiful thing to witness.



Above is a photo of our immediate family: brothers, sisters, aunts,uncles, and grandparents. There are a few important people missing, but most are there.



Although, I don't feel like I grew up a Military Brat-it was enlightening for me to spend the day like so many Americans spend their entire lives in the arms of the "Air Force Way"...God bless the men and women who serve our country.

No comments: